Friday, August 04, 2006

A Hannah Visit Update

OK, so... I noticed that with previous visitors I have been way too focussed on them being here that I forgot to actually document anything of what we did. So here's what we've done so far (remembering that L & I are working this week):

Monday we picked her up, went home and just hung out.

Tuesday night we met Daryl, Dawn & Libby at Fuddruckers for dinner, then we did the exciting activity that is the grocery shopping.

Wednesday I was rudely awaken early in the morning with diarrhoea which just sucked, so I stayed home from work that day while my body sorted that out. Hannah sat and watched movies with me so we watched Elizabethtown, and Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. I also introduced her to the genius that is Cornergas... I love that show, it always makes me smile. Tanya dropped by in the evening to lend us Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire for later viewing pleasure. So she stayed for a little while to chat, which was nice, so my 2 best friends have now finally met. Hopefully we'll get to hang out next week properly, which would be so good.

Yesterday we went to the Berry Barn for the evening, had a great dinner, wandered round the gift shop, looked at the berry patch, gazed down the river and tried to make the adult gentle swing thing actually take off. Then we went downtown and strolled by the Vimy Memorial, the Bess, the beautiful big fountain and that cute little hut thing near College Bridge. After that we went home and got weekend stuff organised.

I love having her here, it's great!

No comments: