Thursday, March 22, 2007

Off sick

I've been off on sick leave since the beginning of March. I haven't really wanted to talk about it that much thus far. But I know that slowly people have been finding out and not really known whats going on so have been concerned about the baby. The baby is fine, and seems to be most awake as Mum is trying to get to sleep. Baby finally said hi to Dad the other day. He's only felt the baby move twice, and he says that it's still faint, but I'm pretty glad that now we can share this together.

The Dr has put me on sick leave due to depression/stress. I've felt bad talking about this as I don't want people to think that I'm not excited about the baby or I don't love my job, or the people I work with, because I am excited about the baby, I do love my job and the staff. I don't quite understand whats going on myself, which is a scarey thing for me to acknowledge. I'm not sleeping great, I seem super sensitive about everything, I am REALLY forgetful, and I cry a lot. At one point I just seemed to cry non-stop, which is when the Dr decided I needed a break.

And I'm sorry to my friends if I've seemed weirder than normal, but to be brutally honest I have been feeling very insecure and overwhelmed around most of you right now. Not that I want you to back off or anything, in some ways I need you closer to me, I'm just not very good in groups.

I also wanted to say 'I love you' to Allison & Joy. Thank you for being so supportive, I am so grateful that you're my family.

5 comments:

Allison said...

You know that we are always here for you! And if you need to get your emotions, frustrations, etc. off your chest, even if you just need to blab and don't think it will make sense, I'm here! And you are going to be an AWESOME mom!!!

Debs Erwin said...

Thinking of you girl! You will get through this! Lotsa love, Debs x

Anonymous said...

Yeah Chris, as Allison said - I'm so glad that we can be a listening ear or whatever else you need, at any time! I'm also very thankful for you and the special place that you've come to occupy in my life these 4 years since you became one of the Ungers!

Always, Joy

monty said...

I read your blog and don't know you from Adam but I pray your depression lifts soon.

What I have come to realise Depression is a medical condition and not simply a state of mind. Although its your mind that gets affected.

Glad to hear that baby is progressing well and Dad has felt it move, its an amazing feeling for a dad, more when you prod and it prod's back.

Many blessing to you all...

bre said...

hello lovely one!
i'm sorry i never called back on... err... last friday :P i've been thinking about you lots! ..and will hopefully see you at easter!
lots of love!!