Monday, June 21, 2004

Life in general

I was just chatting to a good friend from home on MSN (Kaz it was great catching up!!!) And she asked me how I was feeling about living in Canada now... and it's funny, cos I had been thinking about the very same issue 1/2 hr earlier while I had been out walking.

I have to admit to still having very mixed feelings. I still miss England very much, I miss my family, friends and church hugely.

Here are some lyrics from a song that I really relate to: 'Where am I now, I'm looking but can't see ahead, Lost in this space, there's a voice calling out in my head..... I'm falling away, I am lost in the wilderness, I'm pulling away on the wings of a prayer, I'm travelling thru riding high in to paradise, and all I can see is wilderness.' It reminds me so much that God promises to refine us, that he may lead us through the desert in that process, but it is so that we can pass on to the greater things He has planned for us. I believe in His promises, and every day He shows me more and more things to be thankful for: we have people here who care and love us, He has provided a roof over our head and food to eat, we have a good life in a great country.

He has also taught me to remember that really what He cares about is me, not what I wear or eat, where we live or what we drive. But about me spiritually, not the external me. Maybe He will bless us with somewhere nice to live, or give us an amazing sports car, but that won't be what matters, what matters will be where I am going with Him, where His place is in our lives, how we are fulfilling the purpose He has designed us for. Maybe that will mean living in a tiny house in the worst area of the city, but maybe that is so we will be Jesus to our neighbours, which would be far more rewarding than a nice house or sports car.

I have 2 prayer requests: That you would pray that we would hear Gods voice clearly, and that we would know & act on His truth fully.

But I know that I/we can only do this because 'I can do all things THROUGH Him who strengthens me' Phil 4 v 13, praise God that He strengthens us, protects us, LOVES us and carries us.

God bless all.

1 comment:

Sue said...

What a great encouragement to read this, Chris! It is a great outlook to have on life - and I needed this reminder after life's been way to busy lately and I've forgotten what is really important. thanks! :)