Monday, July 19, 2004

Super Sundays

I LOVED yesterday, it was a GREAT Sunday. Sunday is my favourite day of the week anyway, but yesterday was just CLASS. We had a great preacher from Canada Food For The Hungry, who talked about the missionary work they do, but who also preached an awesome sermon.
Then we went downtown to the river bank to watch the speed racing and eat yummy food, although it was a bit hot 30+oC. Then we went over to Dawn & Dereks for a BBQ, to hang out with a group of friends and to watch Calender Girls (and bask in their air conditioning), the boys weren't too keen at first on the film, but all agreed at the end how good it was. I did feel a little homesick seeing the beautiful Yorkshire countryside though. It really was a wonderful day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

(from Sarah B)

Hiya honey!!
Doesn't time fly - it's been a whole year since you got married and it sounds like you're doing great in Canada. I couldn't be more pleased for you! Did you hear about Jos? She's gone and followed in your footsteps and got engaged!! She was very giddy!!
I'm still with my bloke - we had a 'we're on a break' thing in May but are back on track now - touch wood!!
Had a fab birthday - Jos came down with Jo and also my uni friends but did miss you not being there cos Jos was.
Think we need to sort out a trip as it would be so great to see you.
Glad you've got a job there - the ladies seem nice which is always good. Speaking of jobs i've just got a new one. It's in Otley for a medical insurance company and is an admin role so hardly any time on the phones which is good cos that's all i do at the moment!!

Take care hon
Love Sarah xx

Allison said...

Hey Chris!
My mom told me just yesterday about your site, so I thought I should check it out. I also am a blogger, although I was much more dedicated in Australia than here. Anyway, we want to get together with you guys soon. It seems like forever since we've seen you!!

Debs Erwin said...

Hey Chris! Lovin your blog, and the pics are fab. Great to hear you guys are doin so well, that you're gettin work etc. I cannot believe you guys are married a year! Scary biccies! Anyway say hi to the boy for me and take care of yourselves!
Lv debs