Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Olympic amusement.

I'm beginning to enjoy watching the Olympics, and feel huge national pride (although we're not doing too great).
But tonight has actually been very funny, immediately after the 200m * 4 Mens Freestyle Relay, the Canadian team were interviewed and were on a complete downer, and on national TV the team leader said (among other things) 'I'm p****d off.... we were c**p.' I was stunned at his bluntness, but found it amusing. I think it was a shame that they seem to have forgotten about the fact that this was the finals, at least they got there.

I'm more looking forward to the athletics though, that is what really interests me, especially the 100m & 200m sprints. I am so pleased I will actually be able to watch it live, instead of watching a repeat in the evening.

GO UK!!!!

No comments: