Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Catch up

July seems to be flying by which is a good and bad thing. I want summer to last as long as possible, (I want a good tan), but Mum is coming to visit at the beginning of September (YAY), so I want it to be then already. And I'm enjoying Cameco but miss YFC BADLY, I am such a bundle of contradictions right now.
Last Thursday night we went to 'Taste of Saskatchewan' down near the Bess, man was it heaving! We bumped in to Darren, and spent the rest of the evening very enjoyably catching up with him, and he gave me fresh lettuce from his veggie patch...SO GOOD!
Friday we went to Kristins parents place for her birthday BBQ, it was fun, eating, chatting , being goofy... I love our friends from church! And then we nipped over to L's parent's new place which at that point was empty as their stuff in storage couldn't be delivered until today.
Saturday L went to play basketball, then in the evening Darren came over, I made Souvlaki (it was really good if I do say so myself), and we watched Hitch.. good movie.
Lindsay and I had a well needed alone day on Sunday (apart from a burst of Joy which was GREAT;-), and just spent time together. I love my husband, he is SO GOOD! So good.... the best, such a very huge blessing.... did I mention that I LOVE HIM! Yeah, so Sunday was great.
Last night we went to L's parents place and L helped do some of the heavier jobs.
Tonight I had a good long chat with Tanya (I missed her while she was away last week), and then Derek and Dawn came over and brought Hannah to see us. Unfortunately evenings aren't Hannah's best time of day or she hates me, so I didn't get a good cuddle cos she always started screaming. But they had brought an ice cream pizza which was really nice, so I was happy with that, and it was just really good to hang out and catch up.

I'm sorry to be repetative but I am feeling pretty homesick right now, it's funny how it comes in waves. Just seems to keep crashing over me. But I don't want to not be homesick, I love my family, friends and country very much. Sometimes I feel like I don't do it justice when I try to explain what it's like back home, let me just say that to me it will always be the most beautiful place on the planet, Great Britain is beautiful, with an amazing history and heritage, I am very proud to British.

Anyways enough slushyness.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Forget the Great British heritage girl, Canada has ice cream pizzas!! What on earth is an ice cream pizza? And where can I get one in Norwich! We miss you loads but please stay in Canada cos we well wanna come vist once we're fully married etc