Friday, November 17, 2006

The long wait.

Well, other than the morning sickness and feeling tired all the time, I don't feel that much different yet. You instantly think that being pregnant means you get a belly in 2 seconds flat right? It's weird how even though you know that's not what happens your still surprised when you still look exactly the same.

I'm excited to start looking pregnant, and to feel the baby moving. Allison has lent me this great book that goes through the pregnancy week by week and has pictures showing what the baby looks like, what it's doing and how it's growing... I love it.

I'm excited about this weekend, especially Saturday night cos I'm going over to Lisa's to celebrate her birthday with her, and we're having... FONDUE.... what a surprise. It's gonna be great.

2 comments:

Allison said...

Unfortunately, you do have a long way to go. But the good news is that you have that time to enjoy being just the two of you, and prepare in a relaxing way for the most wonderful change of your lives!! And believe me, when you look back, it will have flown by! Just ENJOY all the new things that your body is going through. Of course, that will happen in a more noticeable way in a few months, but right now your baby is developing at an incredible rate - it will never develop this way again. Enjoy the thought! God has planted a miracle of a human being in your body, and I could meditate on that thought for hours. What an amazing experience He has blessed women with. I could say more, but I have a very active 6-month old on my lap that would like noting better than to dive for this keyboard (and he has tried numerous times while I wrote this!)

Anonymous said...

Hey Chris - Not heard form you for ages, but a rumour around Eaglescliffe told me to check your blog! Great news!

As for looking pregnant, Anna (you remember her, right?) is 6 months pregnant and she's only just starting to show.

And maybe it flies by for the pregnant women but speaking as a Dad, pregnancy just drags on and on and on..... Jeni can't have peanuts, so I can't, Jeni can't eat Brie, so I can't, Jeni can't go on the Ultimate, so I can't, Jeni can't drink, so I can't.... etc (you get the point).

But congrats - almost-Mummy (or is it Mommy?)

(PS can I have fondue?)