Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Not my favourite way to spend the evening

The long running saga of my sinus'.

What can I say?

You've heard me moan about this enough already.

But this time, I'm pregnant, so no sinus medicine.

And before I go crawling to the Dr for antibiotics, I am trying out a whole load of things that my Dr recommended should this issue arise... like the sinus rinse.

Sounds simple enough hey? And it is, it's just GROSS! I basically squirt a lot of water up one nostril and it comes either out of the other nostril or my mouth. I am glad to say, but also grossed out to say, that it does bring with it a lot of the nasty stuff from up there, but I'm glad that L didn't watch me as I was doing this. And this is something I can do daily to improve my situation... yay???

It does help, I have to admit that, but when my gag reflex is still sensitive it's something I have to tread carefully with.

2 comments:

Allison said...

Yeah, pretty sure that would gross me out, even if I had to do it to myself! But if it helps, I would do it!!

Debs Erwin said...

Heya! me & my family are prone to sinusitus too, it's pants. My cousin has tried snorting salt would you believe, personally I prefer steaming my head over a bowl of hot water! But I've a friend who is a vet and recently did a course in acupuncture and she now swears by it as she treats herself for her sinuses and apparently it really clears them...if you can cope with the needles, maybe it's worth a try?!