Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Feels like home ... here and there ... wierd

I had a great weekend, although right now I can't even remember what we did Friday night.

But Saturday morning L's parents came over and helped us strip the nasty wallpaper in our living room off. It felt really good to peel it all off, plus it took us far less time than I thought it would we were done by lunch, so then I baked a loaf of bread ready for my girly night at Dawn R's. Lisa picked me up at 5.30pm and we dropped by Extra Foods to pick up cream cheese to go with my fresh warm loaf, and some drinks. When we got to Dawns we got down to the serious business of dinner, we were all so hungry! We had salad, fresh bread, bruschetta and cream cheese. Then the highlight came as we sat down to watch Memoirs of a Geisha, the Chocolate Fondue! YUMMY! We had a mountain of fruit, plain crisps (chips), bread and pretzels. The movie was great, then we sat and chatted until 1am, at which point L called my cell (mobile) asking where on earth I was, he hadn't expected me to stay out so long... LOL!

Sunday after church Jess Braun asked if I minded if she introduced me to a new lady who had just moved here 5 weeks ago from England.... what a silly question ;-) So I had a great time chatting with this really nice lady, and it made me realise how proud I am of Saskatchewan now. I really do like living here, I still miss home, and in an ideal world we would spend our lives hopping between the 2 countries frequently. But it was definately a good thing, I no longer feel guilty about liking living here, and I don't feel quite so homesick for home anymore, God has replaced old dreams with new ones, but I still miss my family and friends at home, that's never going to change or stop.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey -
That's really cool about this lady from England. But what's even more cool is what God has been doing in your heart here in SK. I'm so glad you feel more at home here! I know SK will never be England; it won't ever have those verdant, rolling hills, and the quaint countrysides, or the ocean for that matter, let alone your friends and family. But - we do have the weir and the Ungers, bless our hearts.
LoveT
PS I'm excited for coffee tonight.

sparkles said...

"I no longer feel guilty about liking living here, and I don't feel quite so homesick for home anymore, God has replaced old dreams with new ones, but I still miss my family and friends at home, that's never going to change or stop."

I find that inspiring

Allison said...

I meant to call and wish you a great trip home, but the nursery consumed me this evening. So here is my "call" - have a great trip! Sorry that our little one neglected to make his/her way to the outer world before you left! I will let you know when the big day arrives!