Thursday, November 03, 2005

Being lazy

I really can be so lazy, I haven't blogged because I AM LAZY!!!

Anyways, I went on my church's womens retreat the other weekend, it was so good. Very relaxing. Just like last year, God met us, brought things together how He wanted them. I love God, He never ceases to amaze me, I am so in AWE of Him. There are so many things he could chastise me for, but He is gentle and forgiving. He sent us a Saviour, sent us His son, and yet we can be so ungrateful, I can be so ungrateful.
But yes, the womens retreat was wonderful, lots of praise, love, games, and new friendships made. Awesome.

Sunday just gone, I had an opportunity to speak in church about my job at YFC. I had a 5 minute slot, so Greg (he's so good) made me a video, which went down really well, then Russ interviewed me quickly. I think it went well, it felt OK... and I didn't cry...Gil almost sounded disappointed that I didn't, he's funny.

Sunday evening we had a family birthday party for Grandma Wiebe, she turned 90 this year. The party was a little daunting as there were a lot of family there I didn't know, but it was still good, and Marla was home from Regina so we got to hang out which was good.

Monday was Pumpkin Smash, I'll put some photo's up of that soon. It was manic as usual. We had around 650 kids there, not as many as last year, but it was a school night. Gil was pleased, he felt it went well, that's a good thing.

I am very excited, Tanya is having a wine & cheese night at her place tomorrow night, it should be FUN, FUN, FUN! And Melissa is coming over beforehand for a roast dinner...yummy. Saturday Tanya & I will be going to the gym for a class, then in the afternoon/evening it is fondue time with the ladies of our old LIFE group, so girly movies and fondue...YES!!! And then I think we're having family lunch at ours on Sunday, as Marlene & Peter will be leaving for Texas early next week. So a nice full weekend.

2 comments:

sparkles said...

what kinda church do you go to?

Chris said...

It's a Mennonite church. But it is kinda similar to DRBC (when it was DRBC), a bit larger tho, 500 people.