Saturday, November 12, 2005

New beginnings and slow finishes

It is the morning of Uncle Art's wedding. At 4pm his wedding to Hertha will start. I'm quite looking forward to it, Art is a really lovely man, and always makes me laugh, it should be a fun wedding.

But, I started my day on the phone to my Mum. My Grandma had a stroke on Wednesday and I've been waiting for news about what is actually happening. My Mum tried to explain things to me, but I don't really understand much of it, I'm just glad that Mum understands it, being a nurse is helpful in these situations.
It was only a mild stroke, but my Grandma is 88 years old so we'll just have to wait and see how badly this has effected her. So Grandma is in North Tees, and it sounds like she may be there for quite a while depending on her progress and if they can find a suitable facility that has room for her. Her dementia got hugely worse after the stroke, Mum says that she doesn't always recognise her, and she doesn't recognise Sue (my sister) at all. It's pretty heartbreaking. When she talks you can never tell if she is thinking of now, or if she thinks its still the war.
My Grandma has been slowly drifting away from us, I am praying that the Lord will grant her some peace and rest soon, however He sees fit. My family would really appreciate prayer on this. Thanks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We're thinking of you and your family, my Grandad just had a second stroke and porbably won't ever be able to go home so I kinda know how it feels - its strange enough being in the same city - being removed from it must be very difficult.

Dan King said...

Chris ...

Praying for you today ...

::dan::