Thursday, November 24, 2005

It's my day off

I love when you get to take a day off. And it's OK to not do much. Today I have lots to do, but all fun stuff so that's OK. I'm meeting Melissa for lunch at Ding Dongs....YAY, the food is SO GOOD there. Then we are going shopping for christmas pressies. Tonight I have the gym, then a PartyLite party at Allisons. All FUN.
Monday Gil, James, Daryl, Tim & I travelled down to Regina to help with the Regina YFC banquet. Boy was that a long day, but it was really good. Tyson, Gil & James really shared their passion and vision for YFC and what YFC can bring to Regina, and people seriously seemed excited about this ministry, it was great.
Tuesday night was meant to be Yoga, but as I was rushing to get to my car to go pick up Tanya and Erica, I slipt on some steps and whacked my shin and knee. I put lots of cold stuff from the freezer on to my leg for the rest of the night, so up until now there hasn't been too much bruising, but it's starting to show thru now. It's fairly sore to say the least.
I'm in the middle of reading a couple of books which is weird for me, I prefere to read one thing at a time normally, but I'm reading War and Peace, which you need to be patient with. And Gil gave us an assignment at work to read a book from a list he had put together, so I am also reading The Sacred Romance, which is really making me think...not sure how to put my thoughts in to words right now, but watch this space.

3 comments:

sparkles said...

how's ya leg doing?

Mark said...

There's seriously a restaurant called "Ding Dong's"??

Chris said...

Sparkles...my leg is doing better, but is annoying as it is still pretty sore...URGH! Mark, Yes, there is a Vietnamese restaurant here called Ding Dongs, I know the name is funny, but it's one of my favourite restaurants, that and Kao's, both SO GOOD!