Wednesday, February 15, 2006

The Brits and other stuff

Yet again I am painfully aware of missing something very British that I used to get excited over... The Brits, it's tonight, airing on British TV sometime in the next couple of days, and sometime in the next couple of months it will get aired here, but as we don't watch Much Music that often I probably will miss it. Plus Lindsay just isn't interested at all unless U2 are prominantly there.

Other beloved missed things are 'The Eurovision Song Contest' - a unique show that happens once a year, again a get together at Belmonts which always was hilarious. Any football contest, I know that it gets shown on some of the sports channels, but it's not the same as when you cram 15 people in to a tiny room and scream at the TV. Christmas TV in general, it's just not the same here, enough said. And the Olympics aren't the same either, obviously the things shown the most here are concerning Canada, so I miss some of the British stuff. Enough moaning for now I think...

So Lindsay surprised me on Friday with roses, since Friday was the anniversary of when he plucked up enough courage to bug me at 2am to tell me liked me... I was very excited. So yeah, 2 red roses and 2 white roses. Then we went out to the Saskatoon Inn for dinner and the chocolate buffet, it was great.

Yesterday was more low key, we had steak and jacket potatoe's for dinner with an ice cream cake for dessert, then we watched Braveheart.

I am getting pretty excited about our trip home in May. Work is flying by which means that we'll be going home soon... can't wait, I miss my family & best friend LOADS, so yeah VVVVVV Very excited. It'll be great to have the opportunity to go to All Saints and catch up on church life there. And maybe even visit some other friends and places if at all possible.

4 comments:

sparkles said...

I have random memories of 10 people at school being crowded in a 3man tent trying to watch the eurovision song contest on a mini portable TV!

Anonymous said...

it will be lovely to see you again. Can't wait, me.

Si

Chris said...

OOh if I'm lucky I may be home for the Eurovision song contest, I'm pretty certain it's on in May... Schweeeeeeeeeeeeet!

Kim Funk said...

awww how nice of him to buy roses for you ... the storey sounds extremly cute hee hee...oh i remeber when you and lindsay spoke in church but i havent seen you at church since!!! we often always go to early service!!