Thursday, February 02, 2006

You've got the Love

I love this song by Source Feat. Candi Staton, it is such a classic, and recently I've heard an updated version on Radio 1, not a remake just a remixed version, and it is just AWESOME. But I love the lyrics, I can totally relate to them.

Sometimes I feel like
Throwing my hands up in the air
I know I can count on you

Sometimes I feel like saying
Lord I just don't care
But you've got the love I need To see me through

Sometimes it seems that
The going is just too rough
And things go wrong No matter what I do
Now and then I feel That life is just too much
But you've got the love I need to see me through

Sometimes I feel like Throwing my hands up in the air
I know I can count on you
Sometimes I feel like saying Lord I just don't care
But you've got the love I need To see me through

Time after time I say oh Lord whats the use
Time after time I say this just won't do,
but Sooner or later in life the things you love you loose,
Just like before i know i'll call on you

Occasionally my thoughts are brave and friends are few
Occasionally I cry out Lord what must I do
Occasionally I call up Master make me new
You've got the love I need to see me through

Sometimes I feel like Throwing my hands up in the air I know I can count on you
Sometimes I feel like saying Lord I just don't care
But you've got the love I need To see me through

3 comments:

Debs Erwin said...

I've been listening to that track on Radio 1 too but for some reason I've been totally missing the lyrics - they're fab, glad you posted that!

Chris said...

I really am a lyrics person. It's like every song is a story and I want to know the start, middle and finish. I always want to know why that song was written, what the songwriter was feeling, who was it about etc... I'm pretty much just nosy really.

Helsalata said...

It's really bizarre cos I was going to post these lyrics too! I take great comfort from them especially as its on Radio One and I know a whole pile of non-Christians are going to be hearing it. I wonder who The Source are?