Wednesday, March 22, 2006

I love the light

I am loving that when we leave the house at 7.10am for work, we are actually leaving in sunlight now, it's good, I don't feel quite so bad about walking out of the house. Now I get to look forward to some flowers coming out, but I know that the full glory of bloomage won't arrive for a good 6 - 8 weeks, and June is really when things start to look good, when there is no more huge puddles and there is green grass instead of yucky brown grass. I just long for when the streets are multi-coloured instead of brown and white.

Monday evening was the California Breakaway parents meeting here in Saskatoon, so I was fairly busy getting every thing organised for that. The meeting itself went fairly smoothly I think. Now I have to get everything ready for the meeting we have in Weyburn on Sunday. I'm not quite as stressed about that one. Thankfully I have been blessed with Dawn G volunteering to help me with all the Calbreak preparations, she is such an angel and is helping me out LOADS, she is keeping me sane. She is so encouraging, when I freak out and start crying (I am a cryer, so this is a normal occurence) due to stress, she is my calm voice of reason, I love her!

I spent a good 2hrs 20minutes on the phone to my best friend on Saturday, that was so good, I really miss her! What I love is that we still argue, encourage, debate, share and question each other just as much as when we lived a 5 minute walk from each other. It just doesn't happen a couple times a week anymore. But she continues to challenge, encourage and be an inspiration to me. The fact that we live thousands of miles apart has brought a new appreciation for the friendship we have, it is definately a more treasured gift now, I just wish I had realised what a gift it was when we were living closer together.
So yeah, we had a good discussion about church, God, why we believe what we believe, is our faith based on biblical Truth or have we just accepted what the church teaches as truth, and how society also has it's own version of truth and expectations. We had a fairly excited discussion about her moving out of her mums house and getting her own place...YAY! And about her trip out here to visit me & Lindsay (as long as she can afford it). So I am praying that the funds will be there for her to come out here, it would be just SO GOOD!

No comments: