Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Clarity

I feel like I need to clarify my last post. The whole friendship thing. I'm sorry, I'm not always good at articulating myself.

SO..... the reason I did that post was because I saw a pattern in myself that I wasn't happy with, and also that made me more concerned about the people we (at YFC) are trying to reach. Not because of an argument with some one or because someone in particular had upset me. It was more me trying to voice my frustration and my feelings. I guess it is an issue that God wants me to face and deal with, because it has been coming up a great deal recently in our conversations. I noticed that in the last 5 years I have been withdrawing more and more, it just wasn't as noticable at home, the move has just accentuated the problem.

Moving on to lighter issues. Last night was great, Tanya & I went to Starbucks to grab some coffees and then went on to have a nice hour long walk. I am LOVING the nice warm weather, it's SO good. I'm looking forward to my riverside walks.

YFC is very hectic right now, and I know I'm busy when I actually start dreaming about my work.... like last night. I would really appreciate prayer for my work, it's not gonna calm down until the beginning of May, so please pray for peace, patience and sanity;-)

2 comments:

bre said...

hey chris!
i'll be praying for you ;)
+bre

Nevada said...

Hey Chris,

I get the withdrawing from people thing, too. I used to be the biggest extrovert, and all about making a million friends in a million places. But yes, as I've gotten older I've lost it. I just feel to busy and too tired to be meeting new people all the time and ivesting into new relationships. How awful is that, eh? But a huge factor that ties into that is moving a lot. It is just too hard to get close to people because goodbyes suck. We live in a transient world; people come and people go and that makes people hard to committ to. Also, I feel guilty about the relationships that I have let go. I don't want to do that to people any more. Or is it normal to let people go? People from differnt times and places? An issue I've been struggling with...