Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Stressed but OK

Time is running away from me, and I want it to SLOW DOWN! I have way too much to do, with little time to get it all done in, it's the joy of YFC.

Tanya threw me a surprise lingerie shower on Friday night for my birthday party. It was SO much fun! Tanya is an awesome friend, it was a great party, I am very grateful. I have been feeling a little envious about other peoples lingerie showers cos we don't do them in England, I'd never had one, so that was very exciting, and a lot of fun.

Monday at YFC we had our God day together and all went to our new building to look around, dream some dreams, and pray together. It was a really good time, the building and the possibilities that come with it really excite me. There is so much that we could do there, it's great, I can't wait until we can move our offices in there.

I have begun to fully appreciate how much I really just don't enjoy sports or the gym. I have known that I don't enjoy the gym for quite a while, but KNOW that I need the exercise so I have been trying really hard to make myself go, but the last couple of weeks I have been feeling pretty stressed out about it (stupid I know). But I feel like a failure for not really enjoying any of the activities. And, irrationally, I am annoyed at the gym for not being more exciting. I'm pretty frustrated with the whole situation.

2 comments:

sparkles said...

Is a lingerie shower the equivilent of an Ann Summers party? (minus the naughty bits)

You are soooooooo not the only person that doesn't find exercise exciting. I discovered on Sunday that 2hrs of chasing a not-yet-Christian round York to find her to bring her to a church social, which was 2hrs of walking in the freezing cold was a very interesting way of exercising! The desire to have her come and be part of our community and for her to find Jesus' love in us was enough to encourage me to run!!!!

Although unfortunately, this is not a reliable form of exercice :(

Allison said...

I hope Tanya told you that I wasn't able to make the party - I didn't just not come!
I wish I could give you advice about the gym - I love going to the gym and really miss the intensity of working out (for those who don't know, I am currently pregnant, so my activities are somewhat restricted). I will say that when I start to train for soccer again, in the summer, you are more than welcome to join me and we can do things together!!