Thursday, September 21, 2006

Accident

I was shocked to read on the BBC website ( www.bbc.co.uk ) that Richard Hammond has been seriously injured in an accident while filming for Top Gear. Because of this the BBC are being investigated, and the program is under scrutiny because some critics say that this show has become "obsessed with acceleration and speed". I feel like this is a little harsh to be talking about right now. Yes there does need to be an inquiry in to what happened, but the last thing his family and friends (which include the people he works with) need right now is for the show that he loves presenting on, to be bad mouthed in the press while they are all worried sick about how he is.

I love the show, it actually made me more interested in cars, and I love that it is a show that Lindsay & I both really like to watch. And I have to admit to Richard being my favourite of the 3 presenters, Jeremy is funny ... granted, and James has good dry wit, but Richard is such a cheeky chappy.

I really feel badly for Richard and his family right now, and they are in my prayers.

No comments: