Friday, September 29, 2006

The Dreaded Lurgey

Yesterday was doomed to be a bad day when I mistakenly got an EXTRA LARGE NORMAL Tim Hortons coffee, instead of my DE-CAFF.... WOOOPS! Yep, as well as having a sore throat, I self inflicted feeling awful all day, by mistake obviously, but still, how stupid am I. Thankfully I managed to take some pain killers before I got the killer migraine, but a weird side effect was that I felt like puking all day.
So last night I ended up having to stay home and watch a movie. 'What's wrong with that?' you might ask. Well, what's wrong with that is that my close friend Tanya just got ENGAGED!!! YAY! And I was meant to be meeting them for a celebratory drink! MEH!
But I did get to watch 'The Lake House', which is no where near as good as drinks with Tanya & Todd, but I have to admit to loving that movie, it was very good, I'm a soppy romantic and don't care if people know it.
Talking of good films, I watched 'Kinky Boots' on Wednesday night, another good'un. It's based in Northampton, England, on a true story. Very good british movie... I loved this one too.

Anyways, I would appreciate prayer as yet again I'm feeling awful and I really DO NOT want to take time off work. THANK YOU!

2 comments:

monty said...

Are you allergic to caffeine then or something?

Chris said...

Yeah, I get migraines if I don't keep a careful eye on how much caffeine I take in. And that was definately WAY over what I should have. It was weird how I felt so sick, I managed to take painkillers in time for the headache, and drank a ton of water to try to dilute it or flush it our, but the sick feeling was weird. Although now I have the feeling that it was because I was in the early stages of getting a sinus infection and didn't realise it. That was why I had the sore throat, I had mucus running down the back of my throat, that makes me feel nauseous.