Monday, September 25, 2006

The weekend...

It's so nice to just have a nice relaxing weekend.

Friday night we stayed home and watched TV, then I went to bed early to read, and I fell asleep before 10pm... I am such and OLD CODGER!

Saturday I was up nice and early, so I crept downstairs so that I didn't wake L up and read somemore. I had a nice long conversation with my big sis which was so good, and then a nice chat with Debs on MSN, she has a webcam so I could see and hear her, whereas we only had a mic so she could only hear me, but we rectified that problem on Saturday afternoon by going and pur-chasing a webcam.... I am so excited, I'm going to MAKE my bro get a webcam so that I can have proper chats with my nephew Ben, and then he will actually know who 'Aunty Ciss & Unce Indsay' are! Plus it will be so much nicer to chat with family and friends who are far away, and be able to see them, then it really feels like a proper conversation.

Talking of which, I spoke to Bob just before we went to get the webcam. I really do LOVE my brother, he really is great, and always makes me laugh. He is the peace maker in our household. So I had a great chat with him, and Ben came on the phone and told me about his day, although I didn't totally understand him, toddler gibberish plus cute irish accent kept me from translating everything, but it was so good jsut to hear his voice!

That night, Joy, Allison, Ryan & Jared came over. The boys played X-box, and the girls all cooed over Jared, he is SO adorable, I took a great pic of Joy and Jared that I will post on here ASAP. So that was a great night, just catching up, and hearing all about Allison & Ryan's new house.

Sunday was Tanya's last Sunday at Cornerstone as a residant of S'toon...POOEY! So she leaves us on Friday...it's very sad. So a whole bunch of us went to Boston Pizza, which was fun, BUT the service was a tad shoddy. It took forever for us to get our food, we were there by 1pm, and didn't eat our main courses until 2.20pm!

3pm L & I arrived at the YFC building for an appreciation put on for us by Western Tract Mission, they were appreciating all their volunteers and all the ministries that had been renting with them the last couple of years. It was really nice. Afterwards we went to JD Peppercorns with Gil & Ally, and Kim & Barb, to watch the last 1/4 of the Riders game. That was great, Gil is so passionate, it was very entertaining! And the Riders won, so everyone was very happy.

No comments: