Tuesday, January 03, 2006

The aftermath

Well the busy family season is over, it was great fun but tiring, I'm hoping next year that it will be a little more spread out.

I got some great pressies, english show DVD's, foot spa, England football shirt for me, Newcastle United football shirt for Lindsay, board games, hair straightners... the list goes on, I was very happy, we were well and truly blessed by loved ones this year.

Steven and Daniel were entertaining as ever during the holidays, I think Daniel was sick of getting bugged by his aunt and uncle by the 27th. And I heard funny stories of Ben from Mum and Bob. I even got to have a short conversation with him on Jan 2nd after I heard Bob asking him who went away on big aeroplanes 'Aunty Ciss Daddy', telling me he had 'cars Aunty Ciss' when prompted by Marie-Ann about his Christmas presents from 'Granny English' (my Mum). I miss watching him grow up, but am glad that Bob and Marie-Ann talk with him about us, and show him pictures. I'm looking forward to the longer conversations with him when he is older.

New Years was fun at Ryan & Allisons, I LOVE how pregnant Al is beginning to look. I am so excited for her, she is just GLOWING!

And Julie (L's cousin)& Gerrard are visiting from Ireland right now, showing off Oscar (who is adorable!). We got to have breakfast with them and some of the Unger family on News Years Eve, and we're hoping to see them Sunday evening too.

Back at work now, I'm bracing myself for the onslaught of preperations for Calbreak and our annual banquet. We're so busy here... and I remember getting so stressed Feb/Mar time last year, please pray for me, I stress out far too easily and I need to learn to control it, because otherwise I LOVE this job. And please continue to pray for Youth For Christ as a whole, remember the bigger picture, we yearn to bring Christ's light in to these young peoples lives, and to help equip them to love and serve others. I know that I can feel so unworthy, and I know that as a team sometimes we can all feel so inadequate of the task that God has given us, pray we lean on Him and not ourselves, that we are drawn closer to Him and in that process draw others closer too.

Along the lines of loving my Saviour, I am rereading the Mark of the Lion series written by Francine Rivers and encourage you to read these books. They are just inspirational. Set in the Roman Empire they are a story about new Christians, and the persecution they endured at that time. AWESOME! SERIOUSLY! How fresh Jesus was in their minds, and how new the scriptures were. They had men in their midsts who had walked with Christ. It shows how turbulent those times were, how being a christian was seen as being offensive to society, they fed our brothers and sisters in Christ to Lions as sport. My heart breaks reading this fiction that was inspired by true stories from those times. Read them, Mark of the Lion series by Francine Rivers. And then ask yourself, how much do I love my saviour? Enough to die? Enough to love my enemy? Enough to live with less comfort to feed others? Are we, as THE church, the family of Christ, truly loving Jesus and serving Him faithfully or are we just giving lip service? Are we truly loving and serving each other and those in our communities? I'm praying we are ... and then some. And if we're not I'm praying for hearts, eyes and ears to be opened to those whom Jesus loves... the whole world... are we ready?

2 comments:

Chris said...

Which English shows DVD did you get? I may have to snag some of those! Unless it's just English cooking shows. Haha.

And even I read and enjoyed some of the Mark of the Lion series - if it's the same ones I'm thinking of - they're a lot like Gladiator the movie.

Chris said...

Aah Chris, you're just going to laugh at me. I got the original Thomas the Tank Engine with Ringo Starr narrating, and the BBC's The Lion The Witch And The Wardrobe from the late 1980's.